Last Updated: September 2020
Who we are
For further information, contact us at:
Iron Circus Comics
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you visit the Iron Circus store, we track:
- Products you’ve viewed: used to display products you’ve recently viewed or suggest other titles.
- Location, IP address and browser type: used for estimating taxes, shipping, and product display. We also use this to screen for potential risk and fraud. More generally we use this to improve and optimize Iron Circus. (For example: by generating analytics about customer browsing behavior to judge marketing efforts.)
- If you’ve been on the site before: done with cookies, which are explained below.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form along with the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Contact forms collect only the data you type into each field. This information is sent to an Iron Circus email only, handing it off from our site to that particular email service.
“Cookies” are data files placed, often on a single device or computer, and often include an anonymous unique identifier. We will define which cookies are stored on your machine and which ones are stored on our end below. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Cookies are also used for keeping track of cart contents while you browse the site.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content will behave in the same manner as their site of origin. As such, we do not have control over their contents.
If you have permission and upload images to the website, we caution against uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Visitors to Iron Circus can download and extract any location data from these images.
When you purchase from Iron Circus, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password.
Iron Circus will use this information for multiple purposes such as:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Calculate shipping prices
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
Who we share your data with
Your data may be shared in the following ways:
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Iron Circus employs Woocommerce Services through Jetpack, which you can read more about here: https://jetpack.com/support/for-your-privacy-policy/#woocommerce-services
- If chosen, Iron Circus may share your listed shipping address and package information with USPS in order to fulfill delivery.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent.
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you create an account, we will store whatever you type: name, address, email and phone number. This will be used to populate the checkout for future orders. This information will be stored for as long as we need for the purposes for which we collect and use it. This includes both commercial and legal requirements. For example, we will store order information for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access any personal information we hold about you and to ask that this personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information above or below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we want to be clear that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through Iron Circus), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and/or the United States.
For more information about our practices or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at